Atlasta Cottage was originally built on the shores of Lake Erie around 1948.
During the early 40's a blue-collar family from Toledo, Ohio owned a lot directly on Lake Erie, just outside of Port Clinton. Their name was Katafiaz and they came weekends throughout the summer to tent camp on their lot. They later were able to invest in and enjoy the luxury of a real, albeit second hand, trailer which they placed on the lot.
The trailer was used for years and during that time the family pitched in and began the construction of a cottage. It was completed as they could afford and when it was finally done and ready for occupancy, the family declared that "At Last A Cottage"! Hence the name Atlasta.
In 1998 the cottage was raised some 4 feet from its original foundation and extensive renovations were made. It was renamed Atlasta Retreat at that time in celebration of the serene, retreat like atmosphere that prevails at Atlasta and all along the sandy shoreline of Lake Erie.
The sunsets are magnificent, the breezes cooling, and you are likely to tire before you ever get to water deeper than your head, as the sandy beach behind your accommodations and the shallow, sandy bottom beneath the water extend 600 yards or so into the Lake.
This is your backyard at the Atlasta Retreat!
- A large master bedroom with picture window overlooking Lake Erie, with a queen size bed.
- Second bedroom with two twin size beds.
- Third bedroom with one twin size bed and a twin size roll-away bed.
- A large spacious living room with fireplace and picture window overlooking the lake.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with all your cooking needs including, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, coffee maker, toaster and microwave.
- The breakfast room also overlooks the lake.
- Large Florida room, fully carpeted and furnished with cushioned white wicker furniture. This room also overlooks the lake and is screened in with louvered windows for inclement weather.
- Laundry room with washer and dryer, iron and ironing board.
- Central air-conditioning.
- The cottage is fully carpeted with the exception of the kitchen, breakfast room, halls and bathroom.
- Big shaded lawn with picnic table, charcoal grill and lawn furniture.
- Outdoor fire pit on lawn.
- No pets are allowed but we would be happy to recommend several pet boarding facilities in the area.
- All bedding is furnished including linens, pillows, and blankets.
- All towels and washcloths including dish towels furnished, Please bring your own beach towels.